17 year old daughter pregnant

my 17 year old daughter is pregnant and has come to the decision to give the baby away for adoption. i told her that i will help her with the ababy but she says she doestn want to keep. so i told her to give the baby to me and ill raise him because i want my grandbaby but she is refusing to let me have him, she says it will be to painful to see him everday and know he is not hers. should i fight for custody of my grandchild and risk losing my daughter or should i let her give him up

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Let her give him up.
    Anonymous

• she's underage right. so I would think you would have to sign the papers anyway...just a thought..I would ask this over in adoption category.
    Anonymous

• i agree with the second answer
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• This would be very heartbreaking for a grandma. How about considering an open adoption as far as your visitation. Most families would welcome a loving grandma, if the motives are just to know and love your grand baby.
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 6:48 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I would think about this. Although you do want to see your grandchild, how would you feel if it were you in her shoes? I hope this decision is a decision she can live with herself, because it can't be undone. I would suggest, get involved with the potential adoptive family and see if there is anything you can work out as far as being a part of the child's life. Other than that, it is her baby and her decision. I think that you should be supportive.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Let her give him up.
    Anonymous

• You need to put yourself in her shoes. She is doing something that is very unselfish and it is hard enough on her I'm sure. She knows that it will be too painful for you to have the baby b/c she would see him/her. I think you should respect her decision and support her.
    Anonymous

• y does she want 2 get rid of the baby? if you are willing 2 take care of it for her i would go and find out what you can do if my daughter was 2 get prego i would want 2 see my grand child 2
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 6:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• As far as hospital paperwork goes, even if a girl is under 18, she is still considered an adult and she can sign her own I was pregnant when I was 17 also.
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 6:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• she wants to give him up cause she thinks she wont finish school, not high school but college she really wants to be a doctor and she feels that by ahving the baby it will stop her from getting her degree
    Anonymous