Should I allow my ex during birth of my daughter?

I was 3 months pregnant when my ex boyfriend broke up with me after being together for 1 year. He has never been married and this is his first child. He expressed not being in love with me enough to get married or move in together. He has a new girlfriend who has been in his life for the past 10 years. They had an affair during 2 of her marriages, and now she wants to be completely involved in my child's life. I'm not sure if I want him during labor, and I don't know how to handle this situation!
Any thoughts, ideas, personal experiences are appreciated!

Fonte

Asked by Fonte at 10:59 PM on May. 25, 2011 in General Parenting

• Labor is hard enough...you need to be as relaxed as possible. I do NOT think this would be helpful in any way!
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 11:00 PM on May. 25, 2011

• In my opinion he doesn't need to be there during the labor, he can wait outside if he is going to cause you stress or you can call him after the baby is born. You have enough to deal with that day.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:01 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Everyone is different, that is a personal choice you will have to make. No matter who gives your child love and attention it is a good thing...... Sometimes it can be the wierdest circumstance which bring great support and friendship.... Good Luck
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:02 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I agree with Sherry. you do not need the stress and especially if you guys are not together then i would say no. I would allow him to see the baby when born but doesnt need to be there during the delivery. You need family there to keep you positive!!!
    kristianmommy

Answer by kristianmommy at 11:02 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Call him after the birth. I doubt you will want him and probably his new girlfriend there. I took my mom in with me for my second one.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 11:03 PM on May. 25, 2011

• I would allow him there when your ready to push, but make sure the doctors and nurses know she is not allowed in or near the baby.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:04 PM on May. 25, 2011

• IF YOU GET ALONG WITH HIM AND THERE WILL NOT BE ANY DRAMA, I SAY YES IT IS HIS CHILD TOO.
    kysmom091

Answer by kysmom091 at 11:05 PM on May. 25, 2011

• no don't let him in there tell him you will let him know as soon as you have it because stress on you is also stress on the baby and that can make you himmerage and lose the baby while in labor so no !!! and i've seen it happen
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 11:09 PM on May. 25, 2011

• Now why do you want him there??? He has another girlfirend? I think you should find someone who could really be a father to that child. I pretty much raised 3 on my own and I would much rather raise them on my own than deal with the depression and drama of an incompatant father. I married the father to my children because i thought "it was the right thing to do" But if he can't be responsible, it probably is not "the right thing to do"
    amon333

Answer by amon333 at 11:14 PM on May. 25, 2011

• If he truly wants to be a father, I think he has the right. Enough men leave and stop caring about their offspring. Regardless of what happened between you, he is the biological father and should have rights. It's sad how many of us forget that they create the baby too.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 11:16 PM on May. 25, 2011