Food Stamps??

if i dont have a job and move in with my sister and go to apply for food stamps do i have to include the income they bring in?

Ronnies_Girl

Asked by Ronnies_Girl at 11:18 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Money & Work

• I don't think so since they are not responsible for you. Research it though because I'm not 100% sure.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:19 PM on May. 25, 2011

• As long as you don't tell them yall share food. Tell them you are keeping food separate and you pay for your things yourself. Clothes, personal items and such.
    Anonymous

• as long as your preparing food seperatley no you don't have to report their income
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 11:26 PM on May. 25, 2011

• no you dont you just have to tell them what you pay and how much and you prepare meals separtely if you were under 22 then yess you would have to provide that...
    anayasmommy21

Answer by anayasmommy21 at 12:15 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Where I live they take the household income into consideration which means you and anyone living in the house because you don't have a job so you are being supported by other members of the household which means their income is used to determine what you get in benefits. Obviously they know you have no job and therefore it makes no sense that you pay for your own food, or pay for part of the living costs unless you have income from some other means which you will have to report. If you had a job, or get a job, it would be different because you could then claim you buy your own food and/or pay your sister rent and/or pay part or all of certain living costs like house payments, taxes, sewage bills, food, etc.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:34 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I never had to when I was living with family. We had to give DCFS the peoples names I was living with but they didnt need all their info.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 9:11 AM on May. 26, 2011

• no, as long as you are 23 or older. If you are younger then 23 you can't get it unless you live on your own.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:28 PM on May. 26, 2011

• In California, it's based on who you shop and prepare your food with. So if you were combining your grocery orders and having meals together they would consider everyones income.If not, then no., But many counties don't have time to look into these things.
    coralbeth

Answer by coralbeth at 7:17 PM on May. 26, 2011