Can Smelling plastic during long periods be harmful?

My son just got a ball pit for his bday and it smells like plastic (duh) but like when you change the plastic liner in your shower. Can it be harmful if my son is sleeping at night smelling it? we were going to put it in his room and did cause we dont want it downstairs but it made the room stink so bad that i was worried for my son so he has been sleeping with us the last few days....help lol...

ldylancer03

Asked by ldylancer03 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Unless it's from china (id really worry then) I would put it outside for the better part of the day and stir the balls up to blow the smell off. That, or fill your tub with mild soap and dump the balls in and wash and rinse them really well. That will take the plastic smell off.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• thanks for your help....it really isnt the balls its the ball pit itself... but i will remember that for when i might need to clean them.

ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 7:03 PM on Dec. 8, 2008