Is it true the higher number pregnancy you are on the faster your baby will come?

I have heard that if you are on baby #2-3-4-5 what have you your baby come earlier and faster. Is that true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:44 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• not always my daughter was my second and she came fast but my sisters 3rd was a week over due
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was induced with all 3 of my children. My first labor took 7 hrs, my 2nd took 2 hrs and my 3rd took 5 hrs. As for if they came early or not none of them came early
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 6:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• For the most part the # of kids you have say after 3 the baby and labor are generally allot shorter and easier as your body gets "stretched" out in there from multiple kids, espically when you have them within a few years of each other.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:54 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• With your second they say you can divide your first labor in half. Not necessarily earlier. With your 3rd, you never know... it could be faster or longer than your first 2 combined. 4th and 5th are kinda their own too... tends to be faster and easier as vbruno said because of your body being used to it. I think the longer your kids are apart, the more each of the labors will be their own and not at all like the previous one.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• NO. each pregnancy is different. Some people have no labor pains and child birth is as easy as moving ones bowels. while others are in labor for weeks and have difficulty with withstanding the job of pushing.
    luvmythree123

Answer by luvmythree123 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My first was 2 weeks late and came in 13 hours, my 2nd was 2 weeks early and came in 8 hours and my 3rd was a week late and came in 4 hours. They come when they want to. Unless you are induced or having a c-section
    Dianne1259

Answer by Dianne1259 at 7:05 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• First son- labor and delivery - total of 45 minutes (easy no pain)
    Second son- labor and delivery - total 1 hour (easy little pain)
    Third baby (daughter)- total labor and delivery- 9 hours (horrific pain - it felt like my pubic bone was breaking little by little it was aweful!)
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Not always my longest was my fifth my third was fairly quick though.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2008