Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

MY 4 year old says he ate rat poison but only after i ask him if that was it it was should i take him to doc he also said it was to other thing i asked him

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Answers (11)
  • If you question it at All! then YES! Take him to er!
    harris4

    Answer by harris4 at 11:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • yeah take him to the ER now be safe
    mamawilbur

    Answer by mamawilbur at 11:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Call the Poison Control Center, and have the packet of Rat Poison handy. They'll tell you what you need to do. (Sometimes only drinking milk is enough, but other kinds requires pumping the stomach).
    GoodyBrook

    Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • POison help == 800-222-1222 Take no chances!
    BaileysMom476

    Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:34 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Do you HAVE rat poison? And how would he KNOW that he ate it? CAn he read the lable? WOw.
    If that is really what you think he meant...TAKE HIM to the ER.
    minnesotanice

    Answer by minnesotanice at 11:36 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • ER!! Even if he didn't eat poision, It will put your mind at ease.. Better to be safe than sorry. Hope everything is fine. Keep u posted!
    lisaandnoodle

    Answer by lisaandnoodle at 11:38 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Call poison control ASAP
    kyheavensmom

    Answer by kyheavensmom at 11:40 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • my mom was watching my son once and wondered if he ate some because he came out holding the box. it was Decon and he loved TicTac candy so we thought he might try them because they looked similar. I took him in and they said he had nothing in his mouth and showed no signs of feeling sick so it was no worry. they said it takes ALOT to make a person sick and it works so well on mice because they are so small. call poison control to be safe or take him to the e.r. since you dont know if he did or how much. if he is not vomiting or acting odd they probably wont do anything for him.
    ThatBoysMom

    Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:41 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • ER!
    JAMom07

    Answer by JAMom07 at 8:23 AM on May. 27, 2011

  • whle your writing to us you could be taking him to the hospital.
    stressedoutgran

    Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:22 PM on May. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN