Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going to the dr, getting anxiety medicine with the medical card ...?

( I couldnt think of house else to word my title) ...

I know I am having extreme anxiety issues ( I have always had it but I have always been able to deal with it) ...But it is so bad now that I cant even drive a car, I stay up at night worrying about my child going to school by herself, every little thing that you could possibly worry about, I worry about a thousand times over.

I know this is not normal and now I know i need some sort of medication to fix it ( i ahve tried other remedies that havent worked) ...

We recently had to get on the medical card ( caresource, in Ohio) , so I am still not sure how it works or anything.... I have to DRs - our family doctor and my gyno.

do I have to go through one of them to get an appt. with someone who can help me with my problems or can they help me, or can I just find a dr. who takes my insurance and call and make myself an appt?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:50 PM on May. 25, 2011 in Health

Answers (3)
  • I'm sure your family Dr. can help you with whatever you need. Make sure he accepts this as one of the companies he works with so they're no surprises. They'll be able to tell you when you make your appt.

    Answer by Kathy675 at 11:54 PM on May. 25, 2011

  • Yes your family Dr. can take care of this issue at an office visit.

    Answer by kdwiegandt at 1:58 AM on May. 26, 2011

  • usually the docrtor will want you to see a therapist before they prescribe you medication but in my case I went to the hospital for my anxiety when I was having a painic attack and they sent me home with a paper that said anxiety an panick attacks and my doctor prescribed me with medicine and worked for awhile. than i switched doctors and my new doctor referred me to a therapist and your insurance will cover it your doctor will make sure of that and usually they make u see a physcaitrist to but if you get lucky like me have your therapist write up a letter that you have severe anxiety and your doctor will prescribe you something good luck

    Answer by aliciareichle at 3:21 PM on May. 26, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.