Baby Shower for #2+

Did any moms out there have a baby shower for your second or more baby? how did you make the decision to go ahead and have one? or to not have one?

Im awaiting baby #2, and so far i dont want to have a baby shower, my hubby wants to have one..we dont need to have one, we can get what we need on our own..i dont have anyone to throw it for me and i really dont want to deal with the planning of it, i get too stressed out..my daughters birthday party is coming up, and i just dont think i want to deal with planning another party.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 12:06 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You're suppose to have a baby shower if your children are more than 3-4 years apart, or if you have a girl and now having a boy, vice versa. That's what I was always told anyways
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 12:10 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My cousin has 4 kids all very close in age and she had a shower for all of them. By the 4th one, not mqny people came. I have 2 and I only had one shower. Made the decision based on the opinions of myself and my friends... unless your kids are 10th years apart, you should only have one shower.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 12:10 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't see a problem with it.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:11 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes I did, and my co-workers threw it for me during office hours. I was completely surprised and did not expect it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• my daughter is 2..im planning on saving the good stuff for the new baby because im having another girl, but i think other than that we can get what we need and i figure those few people who really care and are going to get the baby something, will, regardless of whether or not i have a shower...i know, i sound like i have my mind made up, but i just dont know..
    MaciesMommy09

Comment by MaciesMommy09 (original poster) at 12:18 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Well first off, it's not the pregnant woman's place to host/plan her own shower - it's up to someone who wants to to throw it for her. And with your older child being so close in age and the same sex, it's really unnecessary. If your DH wants a party so bad, let him throw a "meet our new DD" party after she's born and you're feeling up to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 26, 2011

• lol I was wondering the same thing! I think I will, because we moved twice since my first was born and I gave a ton of stuff away to a new dad who had full custody and young expecting mom at our church. Plus I am hoping for a girl this time. I should be able to find out on June 22nd! Anyway I know that my mom or my grand-mother-in law would through it for me. Have your hubby ask his mom if he wants one... I do like the idea of meet our new baby party too. Maybe when she is at least a month old though...
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 11:13 AM on May. 26, 2011

• We had a baby shower for DD and are planning (meaning my mom and friends) a welcome baby shower no gifts expected just an awesome party and BBQ to say hey welcome to the world we really can't wait to meet you
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 3:22 AM on May. 27, 2011