I'm going to make you eat your words

I remember getting pregnant at 17 and my grandmother telling me I weren't gonna be good for nothing but staying home with my bad ass kids
Well 71/2 yrs later my kids are well behave -even she had to admit it, I am a successful business owner,independent, and my life is going great. Def. Not a product of my past
I guess I'm good for something huh
you ever had to make someone eat their words?

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 12:09 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, my step-grandmother. I was 16 when I got married, despite the fact that my parents consented and approved she had to make judgements and even my grandfather wasn't getting ticked off since he also supported my choice. I was 17 when I got pregnant with our first child, she figured I'd drop out of school and become a "lazy baby factory" and spit out babies every year since my husband is Irish and my dad is too (my step-grandmother is married to my paternal grandfather - a man who is not only an Irishman but fits just about every cliche you can think of) and she was rejoicing when my first child was only 6 months old when I got pregnant with my second but my other kids are well spaced and my husband and I are still happily married. I finished college and own my own business. We're well off and can live comfortably even with me being a "baby factory". (My babies are 6, 5, 3 yo twins and next week comes baby #5)
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 12:28 AM on May. 26, 2011