If you were looking for childcare and a providers states she is a grandmother...

would you consider that a positive or a negative in making your decision? Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• i would look past the title. i would have interview questions to ask her. I would see if her way of taking care of a child were the same views as mine. (also background check, references , cpr, first aid )
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 12:17 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Positive that mean she has experience with children. But what is her personality like?
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 12:17 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It really depends. MY mother is a grandmother and there is no way in HELL I'd leave ANY child with her. My MIL is a grandmother and I'd leave ANY child with her, and not just because she's got an ECE degree and works in a daycare.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:21 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It would depend on the person.
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 12:31 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It really depends. I always conducted my childcarei nterviews during the day so I could see them interract with the children. Lots of daycares wanted to do interviews after hours but that realy defeats the purpose.
    jteffs

Answer by jteffs at 6:56 AM on May. 26, 2011