Which house ?!?!?!

We have been searching for our first home to buy for awhile and we finally found TWO !

They are both adorable cape cods ( which I have always wanted that style of house) .... They are basically the same price ( one is like $300 more ), both in the same area .... they both have newer roofs, furnaces, and water heaters and fenced yards.... So basically it is the layout and interior things that we need to make the choice on. ( i also want to add we have 2 children, and do not plan on anymore, but we also do have alot of stuff lol )

House # 1. 3 bedroom 2 bath , finished basment ( very nice ) ... the downstairs is the living, dining rooms, kitchen, bathroom and 2 bedrooms... upstairs is like on big area and a small bathroom ... we would make the downstiars bedrooms the kids rooms ( since they are the same size) ... one half of the upstairs would be our room, the other half would be basically like an office / neat storage.

House #2. 4 bedroom 2 bath, Has basically the same exact downstairs layout - living and dining room , kitchen, bathroom, 2 bedrooms , when you walk upstairs you are in an open area with 2 closets and built in desk area ( whichw ould be used as office / storage) , on each side is a bedroom and there is also a small bathroom ( that I like because it has the cute, yellow vintage tile) . the upstairs bedrooms would be the kids, one bedroom downstairs would be ours and the other would be a little playroom.The laundry room is off of the kitchen in kind of like a long mud room area . The basement is not finished, but has good potential for that later on.

The only real things i do not like is that in house #1 , the laundry room is in the basement and even though it is finished I dont love the idea of carrying the baskets up and down several times a day ( like I do in this house) .... In house #2 the only real complaint is that the kitchen is a little smaller ( whick isnt really that big of a deal )....

Please help us chose ! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• wow thats a toughie.. i would hate laundry in basement and would like the bigger kitchen . but if the kitchen aspect is a non issue go for the extra bedroom. best of luck
    shanesmom24

Answer by shanesmom24 at 12:43 AM on May. 26, 2011

• #2 sounds better, laundry room out of the basement, extra bedroom is ALWAYS a plus! Kitchens can be rennovated later if thats an issue. I love cape cods, their cute houses.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:48 AM on May. 26, 2011

• number 2 sounds better, I wouldn't wanna be packing laundry up and down stairs either and I have to do laundry everyday in my house.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:30 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I would choose #2 after making sure that the basement (although ungfinished) is dry. That playroom will be awesome to have and carrying laundry up and down stairs will mean your kids wont want to do thier own laundry when they are older because it is that much more work. The kitchen doesnt sound like a real issue. You sound more into #2.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:36 AM on May. 26, 2011

• House #2. I like having the kids upstairs and parents on main floor. It sounds safer to me.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:04 AM on May. 26, 2011