What do you think about a women that is celibate for more than a year?

I have been celibate for 2 years and every time someone asks they laugh at me!
I have good reasons why I am and not because I am bitter about anything. I had a bad relationship a few years ago and decided to find myself and so I work from home in a health and wellness business,have a job working with Alzheimer residents,go to school and do other things like advocate for single moms like me.I am just focused on my career and bettering myself and if someone comes along thats good but why do women feel you have to be with a man to be happy? Why cant you be single sometimes and be happy?because I am happier than I have ever been! I don't get it!

beauti_ful

Asked by beauti_ful at 1:46 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I absolutely think its nothing to laugh about, I think its awesome you made this decision for yourself, putting yourself first and getting your goals, good for you!!!!!!!! Sex is everything to some people, and its really sad. I think you should be proud, and you are happy and thats all that matters. Just because you are celibate now doesnt mean you will always be, it shows alot of restraint and will power, I know!! I think women that HAVE to have a man at all times, and jump in and out of relationships before the last one is even over good, just because they can not stand to be without a man are extremely insecure and need to learn to love themselves first, without a man!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:51 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I think that it is nobody else's business if you choose to be celibate or not. You need to do what you feel is best or what works out for you.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:06 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I was celibate for over 15 yrs. I had plenty of people laugh but I wasn't going to be with someone sexually just to please them. I waited until I found someone I wanted to be with.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:48 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Whenever someone claims celbacy I always think...and this is shear honesty and coming from assumptions so I do realize how wrong I may be, but I always think they must have either got around or had a lot of sex, mostly I think they probably had sex too soon with too many people and now want to claim this term so people/men, think their not a slut. That's why I always laugh.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:49 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I myself am fed up with men and their b.s. I know I would be so much happier alone but a certain person sees it as me trying to be with someone else. I am happy with being home with 4 kids and no man around!!! I say this because I enjoy my kids, my kids need me( yes they want their dad but not when dad is all about mami), I can focus on them without having to deal with a kiddie man telling me to send his kids upstairs because he wants some "attention". I am sorry but D**K is the last thing on my mind when cooking, cleaning, or helping one of the kids with homework or a project, and forgive me for not wanting to feel or refuse to be treated like an object.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 5:39 AM on May. 26, 2011

• A year or two? I think she's too busy to date.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:53 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I think the fact that you can have a life without "needing" sex is great. I think too much importance is put on sex in our society. I was a 25 year old virgin when I married my husband and we "did it" for the first time on our wedding night. Cliche' huh? Well, he was worth waiting for :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:12 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I think it sounds like you are responsible and not hopping from bed to bed and man to man. Kudos!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:32 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My first thought at your initial question was .... She must be focused on her career, and I see nothing wrong with that. I once had a grandmother disown me for going to art college... She said 'you won't find a good husband there!' in her mind women went to college to find husbands! Thank god, the world no longer works that way, but some people can't let go of thier dinosaur ideals.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 10:10 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Well for all of you cafe moms that commented, I want to thank you. I really thought of all your answers were great and above all positive.I love the fact that women can understand the issue of this question.It was hard to pick a best answer because most of your answers were positive and from the heart.I also see all of you are respected women yourselves so kudos to all moms!
    beauti_ful

Comment by beauti_ful (original poster) at 12:49 AM on May. 28, 2011