anyone else ever felt suicidal?

i wouldn't ever do it because i couldn't do that to my kids. but i keep thinking about it more and more. just that is seems like it would be nice to just sorta....sleep. i don't want to tell anyone. don't want to worry dh and really don't want my kids taken away and i'm afraid if i try to talk to my doctor that that might happen. i think i just need a rest.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• i have off and on i know what you mean just 2 get away from it all would be nice but the thought of not being with my dd i could never imagine it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• A couple of nights ago I really wanted to swallow a bottle of pills. I would have if not for my son.
    Anonymous

• Don't worry about having your kids taken away if you talk to your dr. They want to help and are just glad you told them before you do anything crazy.
    Anonymous

• Yes. I've dealth with this for years. More frequently then and much less now. I've just learned to steer clear of those thoughts. It's kind of like mind discipline. It helps. Thinking about positive things helps too. Talk to someone. Ask your Dh for a break and talk to him. Tell him your getting overwhelmed. He's your husband. The one person who should be there for you and to me a spouse should be there for you instead of a high priced counselor. You need someone who knows you and loves you.
    Anonymous

• I think we all have been there at one time or another...but if you are thinking about it more and more then maybe you should see someone...just to be safe..you mention just kind of sleeping...that is called a vacation or a day at the spa...not killing yourself...that is a permenant solution to a temporary problem...just make sure you get help because non of us would ever think we could leave our kids that way...but before you know it you are in a very dark place where nothing seems to matter...so if I were you I would just go get what I am feeling off my chest.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ur dr CANT say anything it's against HIPPA policy. and they aren't going to take ur kids for getting help when u realize you have a problem. I had PPD really bad and told my OB i was having dreams i was killing my daughter. That was the worst pain i ever felt in my life i thought how could a mom even let that come into her head. I thought the devil had gotten me or something i was so scared!! Two days of Zoloft and BOOM gone you are just depressed and you probably have been for a while go get some help before it is too late hunny you are one in a million that has had a problem like this, people just don't talk about it openly
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• please! please! please! talk to your dr and dh and anybody else who will listen!!! its NOT GOOD that you feel this way and before you do anything rash, you need to get help! i thought i could never leave my kids like that too but then i TRIED several times they CAN'T take your kids away for being depressed, the worst they will do is send YOU to a hospital for three to five days (mini-vacation! :)) if you need it

please talk to some one!

bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:57 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I haven't so much as felt suicidal (as in I would harm myself), but I HAVE wished (at times) that something would happen to me...like a car accident, a terminal illness, etc.

I would NEVER harm myself, I could never leave my children or husband under those circumstances. I have special needs children, and there are definitely days when I wish I could escape it all. I had such high hopes for motherhood, and because of my children's special needs I feel I have been robbed of the joy of being a parent. I'm pretty much just running on fumes most days and numb/indifferent to my children and husband at times, when I can't take it all in.

I have seen several psychiatrists about it, but NONE of them want to give me any medications! Go figure! I will keep trying though.
    Anonymous