How can i get my 2yr old daughter to sleep in her own bed

my 2yr old daughter will go to sleep in her own bed but she wont stay in there.she gets up in the middle of the night and gets in my bed with me.ill go lay in her bed with her til she goes back to sleep and then go back in my bed but she still ends up in my bed.any advice please

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use a technique I got from supernanny. I get down a nightime routine. Mine is where I feed her dinner, then give her a bath, then read her a story, then give kisses and hugs goodnight. After that, if she gets up, you tell her/him that its time for bed. If they get up a second time, you say goodnight, If they get up anymore you dont say anything and just take them back to their bed. It has worked for me. It only took a couple of days to stick.
    destineemommy

Answer by destineemommy at 3:35 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Unfortunately, there is no easy way to do this. You've taken the first step by putting her back in her bed. The next step is to stay in the room at a slight distance, not in bed w/her, until she falls asleep. Every time she gets up and climbs in your bed, you have to keep putting her back in her own so be prepared to still have broken sleep. Each time you put her back in her bed, move a little farther from her until she goes to sleep. You have to be consistent however tired you are. The goal is to move farther and farther back from her, so she learns to be comfortable sleeping in her own bed by herself. Destineemommy has a good suggestion, too. After a few times, remember not to say anything! I agree with Supernanny's techniques and I'm a gandmother now. Too bad she wasn't around when I had my 4 kids!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:10 AM on May. 26, 2011