My daughter will be nameless..

im so frustrated..EVERY name i say i like, my hubby says he dont like it..not even that its ok, just flat out does not like it..and ive named off quite a few names..at this rate, our baby girl will be without a name when shes born..i dont know what to do..its not like he's trying to come up with names either..did you have this problem? i dont want to have to compromise on a name, i want us both to love the name when we hear it..thats how it was with baby girl #1..

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 2:22 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• LOL, u guys are us in a nutshell. i had my second daughter a few months back and both daughters were nameless til 2 weeks after. my husband loves having kids and i tell him its enough reason for me to now want kids just because of the trouble he gives me while naming, like a child. my husband was into names people hardly name anymore, like older names. not me. in the end, i just named both times and he learned to love them, i chose 2 names for each daughter, and i would tell him :HURRY CHOOSE! he would choose fast and thats it, no more thinking! he drove me nuts, and my hormones were already going crazy. haha
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 2:26 AM on May. 26, 2011

• hmmmm. maybe go through the alphabet together. tell him he is responsible for finding names that start with a-c and you'll do d-f. give yourselves the week to do it than that friday have a little date night and go over the names you picked together. maybe he just feels overwhelmed thinking about a name.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 2:24 AM on May. 26, 2011

• We decided that the baby's name would start with a C and then he took a baby naming book and I took one and we picked out our top 10 names. Collin was the only name we had in common. Bonus that it was Scottish.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 2:30 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't know. Suggestions:

Isabelle Marie
    Jasmine Elena
    Sonya Jane
    Allison Rose
    Violetta _____________
    Felicity Monroe
    Delancey __________
    Julietta Felice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes! I had the same problem. He could never decide, But in the end he left the naming all up to me! With all four of them!!
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 2:38 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I say give it a rest for a few days, and then ask him to give you a list of at least 3 girl names and go from there.
    kidnappedbylove

Answer by kidnappedbylove at 2:55 AM on May. 26, 2011