Did Anthrax immunizations cause Gulf War Syndrome?

A book I'm reading called "Germs,Biological Warfare,Vaccinations" claim that the administration of singularly tested and out of date immun.. plus multiple (10+) immun. caused decreased immunity thus many side effects resulted in GWS while many tests are uncompleted because of military resistance to standard medical testing.

Agree? No?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Disagree.

The anthrax vaccination that's used has been being used for decades by veterinarians (on them - not on the animals). It was only "new" in the sense that it was being used by the military.

I am not saying that it's a good idea to "stack" the vaccinations the way they were, but I don't believe it caused GWS. Also, I know many many many people who have had those very same inoculations including the anthrax ones (including but not limited to my dh) who have had no ill effects.

This is not to say that I don't take GWS very seriously - I do. It's a very real thing, and it's a very serious thing, and it needs to be addressed. But I don't believe the anthrax vaccination is what caused it.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:44 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't think the vaccine caused it either. I know too many people that have had the vaccine with no ill effects.

I think GWS is a result of biological warfare that either hasn't been determined or it is being hidden. They may not have found big stashes of WMD's, but they did find labs/mobile labs with the residuals of some very bad stuff. Where did the contents go?

I really feel for those suffering with this. It is similar to Autism Spectrum Disorder in its complexity and diversity of symptoms. kwim?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:03 AM on May. 26, 2011