Are there any moms here who delivered twins but was never told during the pregnacy it was a multiple birth?

mommie_kenda

Asked by mommie_kenda at 7:08 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow that would be a shock of a lifetime
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 7:09 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• umm not thank god i would be in shock like what
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I delivered twins but I knew I was having twins at like 5 months. I think that would be a huge shock to someone who is only expecting one baby.
    Anonymous

• I don't think that really happens anymore. Ultrasound technology being what it is, most women who see a doctor on a regular basis would know whether or not they are having multiples.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 7:46 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I know a lady that something similiar happened to. Turned out she miscarried and when she went to have the D&C to get everythign out they found out she was carrying twins and one had died but she carried the other to term.
    Anonymous

• My SO's mother did not know she was carrying twins and when he came out so did his brother!
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My grandma was told she was only expecting one, but wouldn't you know, two were born! She always told us grandkids that when she had her dr appointments the heartbeats were in sync.
    angelofice

Answer by angelofice at 9:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2008