I asked a simple question on here for simple vegan recipes and get a rude response because "it's not healthy"???

That's NOT what I asked! Why do people have to put crap like that? It is healthy, humane and far healthier than eating meat and dairy. Look up the dangers of dairy and meat! But I don't go around bashing people for eating those, why do I get responses like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Just for Fun

• becuz people are rude and need to learn if they have nothing nice to say then dont say nothing at al. im not vegan so i cant give you any good advice but im sorry that someone was so negative towards you. Its not there place to say and it is healthy to not eat meat and dairy there are other ways of getting your protient and dairy so screw them and keep doing what you do.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yes. Exactly. There are plenty of other ways of getting it and still being vegan. I think people need to learn the facts before preaching about it. Thanks.
    Anonymous

• People cant take their own advice. They teach their kids (or should be) that if you cant say anything nice dont say it at all. Its a hard concept for some people to grasp. I dont have any good veagan recipies, sorry. But I agree that (I used to be vegan) your energy levels go wayyy up and you feel really good about yourself. I like meat too much to go back lol...but I remember how healthy I felt and how high in energy I was all of the time from a vegan diet!
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 7:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• because ppl on here are blunt honest not thinking of how bad it may hurt your feelings because the way they look at it there not the one putting there self out there u are...i don't have any recipes but i have nothing bad to say about being vegan if i could i would not eat meat i'm not brave enough, i like meat to much....
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• IMO it isn't healthy. I think there are reasons that we need calcium and protein in our diet that beans and stuff can't make up for. But I also think it was RUDE for them to bash because that's your choice of lifestyle. You aren't bashing us for eating meats and dairy. I'm sure you're perfectly healthy and doing just fine. That lifestyle may not be for everyone but it's no reason to be a bitch. If you're looking for some good vegan recipes I'd go to borders and look in the cooking section. I've seen tons of interesting books about vegan cuisine.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:13 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Someone probably peed in her cheerio's this morning. Don't sweat it:)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree with you though...answer the question and keep your own thoughts about the askers choice to your self...I dont know why people cant just answer the freakin question.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:30 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• that's like when girls ask a question about pregnancy, and then people yell at her saying if she doesn't know, she shouldn't be having sex.

It just stupid. vegan diet is haaaard. my mom tried to do it (her fiance was one).

And, vegans can get their calcium and protein in... it's not just in animal products (to whoever posted that).
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• as long as it is healthy for your children i don't care what you cook (or don't cook) isn't vegan all natural food that isn't cooked? (really, i don't know. i'm a meat and potato kind of girl)
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:40 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Vegan CAN be healthy, it's just hard. People usually are too lazy to eat healthy, much less vegetarian or vegan... so why would they think it could be healthy? I love the book 1000 Best Vegetarian Recipes, it's not all vegan but has many vegan recipes, as well as substitutions.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2008