Has anyone had trouble finding a comfortable position to sleep in at night?? Having upper back pain and lower back, all around sleeping is just uncomfortable

for me. Also having some light pink spotting....is all of this normal during pregnancy??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• for the back pain, try an icyhot patch! they worked really well for me. i also lounged around on the heating pad for about a half hour before bed every night, and slept with a pillow between my knees.

hope your pain eases up for you!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 6:57 AM on May. 26, 2011

• i toss and turn a lot-i'm a back or stomach sleeper-and the new curves are making it harder to get comfortable...i find i sleep better if i do some yoga in the evening--and i sleep with a pillow between my knees as well (it helps with the lower back pain at night). i'm not much of a bath-taker, but i've heard a warm bath helps relaxes the muscles enough to get you comfortable for bed :-)
    mssval

Answer by mssval at 7:27 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Ugh I was waking up to roll over every 2 hours in the lst stretch of my last pregnancy. I got more sleep AFTER he was born because he only woke uo every 3 hours.
    I never tried anything the PPs suggested, just kinda suffered through it. Don't do it to yourself lol
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 7:55 AM on May. 26, 2011

• how far along are you?? the pinkish show could be ur mucus plug and im only 16weeks and i have a hard time find a comfortable sleeping pos what helpped wit my dd was, pillows between me knees, one under my lower back, and one mre under my belly! there wasnt much my doc could do for me for the discomfort cuz i have a couple bone abnormalities...good luck!!
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 8:07 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I did with my first pregnancy. Actually I just had back pain all of the time and I started to go to the chiropractor... It was actually really good for me! And helped out a lot with my delivery. Being all aligned just helped the baby find his way out... lol I am too early in this pregnancy to have any back pain though. They do special stuff for pregnant women too! After a couple visits your back pain will go away and you should be able to sleep a lot better.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 11:01 AM on May. 26, 2011