Would this bug you?

My sister in law gave my 7 month old a sip of her coffee right in front of me. I told her I can't believe your giving my son coffee and then my husband defended her. Anyway I let it go. But when I told my friend this, she freaked and said she should have never done that. Would it brother you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Yeah, that would bother me. I don't think I'd make a huge deal out of it, but I would simply say that this is my child and I don't want her giving her anything to eat or drink without getting my permission first.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• umm yeah kinda because im the mom of the child and they aren't she should of respected you and not of done it
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Been there done that. My mil tried that with milk and coffee. WIth cookies. I told my hubby and he told her we are not in the old world country. Back off and she did.
    Anonymous

• thats crazy a 7 month old i would have went off on her no matter what my husband thought
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• no. especially if you knew she wasn't trying to hurt him. just being an auntie
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 7:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• yes, I would be very pissed if someone gave my child coffee, even if your child is 13 it doesnt matter because if you dont want them to have it then noone should do it, especially a 7 month old! it could have caused a tummy ache or anything. that is your child and what you say goes.
    chloe_romano

Answer by chloe_romano at 7:18 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yeah it would bother me...he is WAY too young first of all...and then for your hubby to defend her!
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 7:19 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Personally, i think that people need to ask parents, if it's ok to feed or give a child anything.
    I would have been pretty upset about that.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 7:24 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Thank you. Common courtesy to the parents. But now adays the grandies are helicopter grandies and try to run the show..........
    Anonymous

• yes the would def bother me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 7:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008