Have you ever tried to toilet train your cat(s)?

One of my cats like kitty litter too much, scratches half of it out of the litter box and rolls in it. The other cat has digestive issues. I've read up on some ways to do this, but so far I have to take it at an extra slow pace. Any move too fast and one or both rebels by peeing in the tub or on my bed.

mssval

Asked by mssval at 7:41 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Pets

• i have only seen this in movies never knew people actually did this!! let us know when you have success!!!
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 7:46 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I've heard to get some kind of insert and put it on the toilet and add litter so the cat feels comfortable climbing up there, then gradually removing the litter and then the insert.

Answer by Bmat at 7:56 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Good luck! Great idea if you can do it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:00 AM on May. 26, 2011

• my cats used to do this and i switched them to corn litter and they like the smell and have no problems. My mother in law was here and locked our cat in the bathroom and she peed in the sink. so it could be possible.
    Katie44

Answer by Katie44 at 8:59 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I have 4 cats, too impatient for that
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:31 PM on May. 26, 2011

• No cats but I tried to teach my dog but she couldnt sit on the toilet by herself she needs a shorter toilet with a booster seat thing...LOL
    kpolitte

Answer by kpolitte at 11:03 PM on May. 26, 2011

• @kpolitte---that's awesome :-)
    mssval

Comment by mssval (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Jun. 3, 2011