Need a good humidifier

We have one but it sucks, what's the best one? Thanks :)

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 7:47 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Shopping

• Ah, okay, no, you want a vaporizer. Get the relatively inexpensive Vicks one at Wal-Mart (I'm sure other stores sell them too but WM is all I have around me). There are warm mist & cool mist, so whichever your doc said would be better. A humidifier isn't as ideal for a sick kiddo, especially this time of year.
    Anonymous

• Honestly, when I am searching for something I look first at the consumer product reviews. I also look at Amozon.com's user reviews of products... There is a lot of good info to be gleaned from both, much more than can be offered here.

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:42 AM on May. 26, 2011

• A humidifier, a vaporizer, or a DEhumidifier? Just asking because I know some people who call them all the same thing and they are not, and I have opinions but don't want to give the wrong advice if we're thinking different thigns, kwim?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Anon - humidifier :) DD has croup..... Thanks for asking
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 9:12 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Ah, that sucks!

Honestly, in addition to adding a humidifier, run the shower as hot as it'll go with the bathroom door shut and sit in there with her for 10 or so minutes. It calms the cough and breaks up the mucous. I'm sorry she's ill. I've had it before (as a young adult) and it was miserable, that helped the most though.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:24 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Our 6 yo gets it every summer along with his allergies :( Hopefully he's almost grown out of it! I just can't seem to find a good humidifier that doesn't soak everything around it :)
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 9:29 AM on May. 26, 2011

• ok, thank you!
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 5:37 PM on May. 27, 2011