Its the little things that make me happy!!!

So been with my SO for almost 2 years. Living together since December. Its been trying for us, since I moved in. I lost my job two weeks after I moved out here and have not been able to find a full time decent paying job, so financially we have been struggling, when our main idea was to move in together, help one another out and start our new lives together. He's a wonderfully supportive and patient man and has not ever made me feel bad about this, we just deal with the stress together and keep pluggin away. I had a rough life with my past marriage and starting over at 39...it sucked and up until I met him, my love life was sucking too. Thank got I met him and we fell in love.

I was trying to explain to him when we met that I am not a materialistic woman. I don't want him buying me things to show me he loves me, thats not how I think things should be. Overall he's very loving and affectionate with me but as far as being super expressive etc...hes the strong silent type, which I have come to love as well. But the past couple weeks have been more than trying for us and its been very stressful. I always try to let him know how I feel, little text messages, notes left on the fridge etc.....he's not one to do this but does things in his own way.

Well two nights ago he dropped by my job place( i work part time at this little grocery store in town, he's never come to see me, even though I have asked.) I turned around to see him standing there, he comes up to me, kisses me, hugs me and tells me he just wanted to stop by to tell me he loves me. My co-worker tells me, even if I had not introduced him, she could tell by the glow and light in my face, who he was. I was so happy the rest of the night and let him know, he truely made my week by stopping. Then yesterday, he goes out of his way after work to pick me up and asks me to go to his doctors appointment with him (he never does this).....to which after he takes me to dinner and we went for a nice drive.

Now I know everyone is thinking, so?? But my point is, those few little gestures made me glow inside and shows me that he truely loves me and cares for me. Yes they were little things, but to me, those types of little things means more to me than anything in the world especially considering he's not one normally to do those.

Just had to say this because even though we have a lot of stress right now, those few little things made me very content in the fact that he's a good man to me and I know he loves me. Still right now, I smile thinking of him doing those, and even if they are few and far between, it made a world of difference to me and I love him more for it.

Here's to the little things that make us smile and be happy we found that man!!!!! Thanks for reading!!

CopingMom33

Asked by CopingMom33 at 8:01 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• well sounds to me you found a awesome man. your very lucky, not many out there like that...And yes i know about the little things, my hubby does that alot. so sweet. glad you got a good man. stress can get to ya, but remember u 2 still have the love u share.
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 8:11 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Thanks for writing! It's true, the little gestures are so important.

Answer by Bmat at 8:13 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Oh yes, I live on those little things! you are one lucky woman and glad to see you recognize it too!

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Sounds like my man
    Happy for u, I feel so blessed
    Lisa_Lynn

Answer by Lisa_Lynn at 10:02 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I agree with you, sometimes it is the little things and little gestures that mean the most and that we treasure the most. It sounds like your guy is a 'keeper'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:02 AM on May. 26, 2011