How would you feel?

Ok yesterday I went to my grandmothers and tried to make things right between me and her because we cant seem to get along. Well she pulled out paper work to where she had investigated my boyfriend. She drug things that he had already told me about and it was from years ago and I've know this boy all my life. How would you ladies feel?

Vivian0331

Asked by Vivian0331 at 8:12 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd thank her for looking out for me. Maybe explain that you knew about these things and they didn't bother you.

Answer by Bmat at 8:14 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I would think that she was genuinely concerned for my welfare. That's the way we grandmothers are. Just because the two of you don't agree doesn't mean she has to be your enemy. I believe she just wants what is best for you and she probably doesn't believe your boyfriend qualifies to be a part of that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• She had no idea that you knew about it...and probably was worried about you. If everyone in your family dislikes him....might be a reason. If she is the only one....go with caution. Our loved ones really do want us to be happy.....and often try to steer us away from heartache.

PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 8:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• First of all; I'm sorry you and your grandmother aren't getting along. Second: I admire your continued efforts to make things 'right' with her, GOOD FOR YOU. Now to answer your question - I would like to think I could just accept and thank her for all her hard work in doing everything she could to keep me safe and out of harms way. She could very well have your best interest in mind. Then kiss her, hug her, tell her how much you love her and then go on. Good Luck to you both.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:18 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Well it gets worse just because it happened years ago she told me that if i stayed with him I'd be a bad parent and that she felt that I'd be better off if she took my baby. The thing is my bf said he regrets what happened years ago and it was a mistake and hes learned from it.
    Vivian0331

Comment by Vivian0331 (original poster) at 8:43 AM on May. 26, 2011

• You can't teach an old dog new tricks.... Before you stir up any more drama in your life ask yourself this...
    Is there anything you can say to grandma to make her stay out of it?
    Do you want to continue to have her in your life?
    Did she hurt you or your relationship by doing this?

I don't think it's worth doing or saying anything, because nothing you say or do will have a positive outcome. Sometimes it's best to just let it go.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 8:55 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I just want to start off by saying, I'm sorry that you have to go through something like this. Being a parent can be hard enough, let along when you have those close to you or those that should be close to you, working agasint you. The truth is, your Grandmother loves you and cares about you and is obviously concerned for not only your happiness and well-being, but also the happiness and well-being of your litte one. Try to talk and work things out, having that sort of family issue lingering, isn't healthy for anyone involved. Let her know that you appreciate her concern and love her greatly, but that ultimatly, you have to follow your heart and make the right decisions for you and your little one.
    MommaMarsch

Answer by MommaMarsch at 9:00 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Some people have strange ways to show that they care and are concerned about someone. It would have been nice if she had talked with your bf before drawing conclusions about him.

Has she met him?  So many people are the other way around.  They have no record but they have done bad things and would not be someone good to be with.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:12 AM on May. 26, 2011