Does anyone elses kid wait til the LAST possibl second to go pee?

My 5 year old drives me crazy with this!

alboston

Asked by alboston at 8:15 AM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes to the poin that she dribbles and now has a rash on the inside of her thighs. Kids!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:18 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I think ALL kids do this...I have five of my own. Best way to handle it is to have him/her go pee just before leaving the house even if they say they don't need to...tell them to try.
    PsychicSherry

Answer by PsychicSherry at 8:18 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My daughter, 9, has done this for years.--It has lead to several kidney infections. We now see an urologist and part of her "treatment" is to go potty and set times throughout the day. I have potty alarm on my phone and when ever it goes off I have to send her to the bathroom.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:19 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yep! We herd DS to the bathroom when we see him doing the dance. He does certain things when he has to go.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:35 AM on May. 26, 2011

• my son is the same way!!!!!
    mykids060911

Answer by mykids060911 at 8:38 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My childs pee dance is a mess. Imma take a picture and post it next time she does it which I'm sure will be in a couple of hours.
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 9:47 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes!!! My middle one is like that and it drives me nuts! I swear he does it on purpose. What he does is he waits till someone is in the bathroom and then he is all jumping around telling the person to 'hurry up I have to pee really, really bad!' (he usually does this when older brother is brushing his teeth or when I am in the bathtub! If he has to pee so darn bad why does he not get his butt moving and get in there before the others? I mean when I go to take a bath I tell everyone that I will be in there, and if they have to go do it now---- and yet he still waits....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:48 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Many kids do that especially at age 4, 5 and 6. They should pee about 20 minutes after they have something to drink but most will wait longer.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:57 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Of course they wait...the other thing that they are doing at that moment is so much more important and going to the bathroom takes forever!! At least those are the thoughts I remember having. haha The worst part is when the last possible second means you are somewhere without a bathroom...I got pretty good at peeing in the woods. :)
    ei_home

Answer by ei_home at 11:39 AM on May. 26, 2011

• She peed on herself twice today. Once at Animal Kingdom and just now on our way to Disney Quest. We are now on our way back to our condo with a boring night ahead :-(
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 7:58 PM on May. 26, 2011