How did you handle Prom Pictures? -

Just wandering.... I have a friend with a son. He is 18 and a Senior. She figured that he was going to pick up his date so she wouldn't see them together so she didn't bother to be home (she was on a date with her boyfriend) to get pictures of him.

My daughters date's parents came over to our house to take pictures of the two of them together.

I thought this was sad for my neighbors son. This was his senior prom :-(

sipn_mom

Asked by sipn_mom at 8:23 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• My sons picked up their dates, took photos at that house, then brought them to our house for photos before doing the prom thing.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I think it's odd that your daughter's date's parents followed him to your house to take pictures. My MIL (I only went to the prom with my future husband) insited we come back to her house for photos, but my parents just wanted the prom pictures from the photographer.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:25 AM on May. 26, 2011

• When my ds went to his first prom (he was in 10th, his gf was in 11th), I was at her house and we all took pictures there. Pre-planned.
    When he went to prom last year, her parents dropped her off at our house (we live overseas, and you have to be 18 to drive off base and no limo rentals, etc here). We all got pictures before he drove her to the prom from our house. Again, pre-planned.

This year, my ds was able to drive off base, and so he and our dd and her date (both 11th graders) were going off base with ds and his date (both 12th grade) for dinner. Ds's gf's mom wanted pictures at this place off base. They were SUPPOSED to be back here for pictures, where dd and her date were also meeting (dd's bf's mom was good with this, and wanted to do it this way, too). However, due to a LOT of issues with ds's gf and her mom, they were 45 minutes late

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:37 AM on May. 26, 2011

• cont

They were 45 minutes late, because she wanted her own pictures at this place that was like an hour round trip from here (they left late, because her dd wasn't ready on time, and they spent over an hour there, getting her pictures, then an hour driving time....).
    They literally drove up with her mom with just enough time to get dd and her date before they had to leave to make their dinner reservations.

I wouldn't have cared if they wanted to meet somewhere else to do it, but I have to admit, I'm pretty ticked off that they took so long ("their time" plus everyone else's time) to get their pictures, and they don't care at all. In fact, when I pointed out that my dh was gone (military) and these pictures were going to be his ONLY "link" to ds's Sr prom, the response we got was "he wasn't here, anyway, so what does it matter if I got pictures, or if her mom just gave us some of theirs..."

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:42 AM on May. 26, 2011

• When I was a Sr. it was the thing to do to get everyone together and go to each families house or friends for pictures!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:21 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My kids aren't that age yet, but when I went to prom my date came and picked me up and my parents took pictures, then we went back to his house so his parents could take pictures.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2011

• No proms for us yet, my daughter, the oldest, is a Sophomore this year.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 11:20 AM on May. 26, 2011

• My boyfriend came to my hosue and we took pics. Then we went to his house and took pics.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 1:15 PM on May. 26, 2011

• My parents took pics when my date picked me up. Then, we got pics there. That was all.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:35 PM on May. 26, 2011

• With my son, his girlfriend's Mom and her friend came to our house. We took pics at my house and then the kids went to prom and we all hung out while they were gone. It was a lot of fun. I hear a lot of parent's do it this way so they can all get pics.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:10 PM on May. 26, 2011