Question about lightening hair

a lady friend of mine had her hair lightened last Thursday and wasn't happy with the results is it OK to lightened it more(do another application of hair color) or will it harm her hair? Hope this makes sense. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:31 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• maybe she just needs a few more foils put in, to brighten up what she already had done. a simple fix, if her hair is in good condition. call the colorist back and request it done. i'm sure she/he will oblige happily.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:44 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Did she do it herself? If so I would not do it a second time myself... for the second application I would go to a professional. If she is a blond I would try using a Blond shampoo and spending the weekend in the sun with wet hair to see if the sun will help to lighten it some more if she just wants it a bit lighter.

sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 8:40 AM on May. 26, 2011

• She needs to call the salon and tell them she would like it a bit lighter,, I am a hairstylist and always back my work,, that being said, if she had color on already, it could be this is as much as they could do without damaging her hair,, have her call!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:32 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I would wait at least a week before going at it again.

Answer by older at 8:34 AM on May. 26, 2011

• thanks that is what I told her but she wanted me to ask here to get opinions
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on May. 26, 2011

• no it was done in a salon
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 8:41 AM on May. 26, 2011