Saw this on FB ....

I saw this this morning and thought I would share it with you: 

My promise to my kids I am not your friend. I am your Mother, I will stalk you, flip out on you, lecture you, drive you insane, be your worst nightmare & hunt you down like a bloodhound when needed because I LOVE YOU! When you understand that, I will know you are a responsible adult. You will NEVER find someone who loves, prays, cares and worries about you more than I do!

To make it a question ... Agree or Disagree with it?

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 8:38 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I agree. It was my responsibility to know where they were. I drove at 2 AM to where they were supposedly working night shift to verify that they were there, for example. Too many kids are getting into trouble because the parent isn't vigilant enough. My take on the statement is that you'll feel that I am your worst nightmare, not that I am. I was always on their side, but I don't think they realized this until adulthood.

Answer by Bmat at 8:46 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I agree. I think the point is that a lot of parents today miss a lot of what this statement is saying. It is okay to know where your child is, who their friends are, for them to be mad at you and for them not to assume anything is in their complete control until they are grown.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 9:00 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It was a little to dramatic....I mean, who says "I will be your worst nightmare" ??? BUT I agree that you must be a PARENT, not a best friend. The time for being a friend is when they are adults , with their degree,their job and their own families.
    Before then, you need to be raising your children to grow up as good citizens, good people, responsible and educated people.And you explasin to them why they should be all of those things,with an eye on their futures.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:44 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I totally agree.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:59 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I agree sipn mom. I told my kids that I didn't mind if they were mad at me---that I wasn't trying to be "popularMom" or "fun mom". I was being a parent who wanted to raise good citizens. NOW they know what I meant---they have kids and see what it was all about!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:06 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I agree. A kids worst nightmare and an adults are different. To a kid, a caring parent who makes sure they know where they are at all times or doesn't let them run wild could be considered their worst nightmare. So if that is the case, then yes! That is me.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 10:11 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I answered the way I did not towards you, OP, but towards a couple of replies that sounded like the person thought it was one of your friends original statuses. No ill towards anyone, just stating something because it sounded like they hadn't read that one before. I personally am in pretty good agreement with the statement.
    Anonymous

• That's not just one person's status. That's one of those copy+paste ones that's been going around for years, like the "copy if you love your daughter" ones, etc. To me - it's just another status that people paste because it's not their own.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Gee Anon, are all of your statuses totally original? *sigh* I didn't ask you what you thought of someone posting it as their status. I asked you if you agreed or not with premise of the statement. You know ... being a responsible parent and raising your kid(s) to be responsible adults.
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:01 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I agree, and you have to see the sarcasm in this statement as well to truly appreciate it.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 1:25 PM on May. 26, 2011