My son grinds his teeth.

My 8 month old baby boy has four teeth (two top, two bottom). He is always grinding them. It has to be bad for his teeth...... and its very annoying..lol. Any advice?

NewArrival

Asked by NewArrival at 7:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Noah does the same thing..he has only three though and the fourth coming in..but every now and then I hear him like grinding them and its super annoying!! so i just tell him no..and put a binki in his mouth to stop it.. I dont know much else to do
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 1:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I would go to the pediatrician. To be honest he is probably still teething and grindng his teeth may be his way of scraching. I would use some Tylenol if he is in pain and go to his doctor to make sure this isn't another problem. Usually when older children grind their teeth it is because they don't have the proper aliment and they may have a over/under bite. I think that he is too young for that but you never know.
    floyd835

Answer by floyd835 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• well there isnt much you can do b/c they arent his permanent teeth so i wouldnt worry to much. my 8 1/2 month old has been doing that also.
    marine_wife_07

Answer by marine_wife_07 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2008