Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do or say to someone?

that has come to you and told you something in confidence that includes doing something to hurt themselves?


Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:53 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

Level 47 (254,089 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Since most of the people I talk to in confidence are actually children I would definitely seek help for them.


    Answer by scout_mom at 9:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

  • What is it that they are doing? Hurting yourself can fall in alot of different catagories...are they cutting themselves? or maybe just drinking to excess....either way the very first thing I would do is just be a person that they can trust to talk to...I would gently encourage them to seek help on their own but I don't think I would be pushy about it...thats just not my style...but I would make sure that they know that I am there for them to help them in whatever way they need. Good luck mama

    Answer by Lucky209 at 12:04 PM on May. 26, 2011

  • Just let them know you're there and call alot. Don't prove you're not trustworthy. Most people just need a friend.

    Answer by sugamama3 at 1:19 PM on May. 26, 2011