What would you do or say to someone?

that has come to you and told you something in confidence that includes doing something to hurt themselves?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:53 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Since most of the people I talk to in confidence are actually children I would definitely seek help for them.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• What is it that they are doing? Hurting yourself can fall in alot of different catagories...are they cutting themselves? or maybe just drinking to excess....either way the very first thing I would do is just be a person that they can trust to talk to...I would gently encourage them to seek help on their own but I don't think I would be pushy about it...thats just not my style...but I would make sure that they know that I am there for them to help them in whatever way they need. Good luck mama
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:04 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Just let them know you're there and call alot. Don't prove you're not trustworthy. Most people just need a friend.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 1:19 PM on May. 26, 2011