Why is so hard for others to accept?

people as they are and not judge them before getting to know that person?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:54 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• I think many people preprogramed with certain stereotypes growing up. I have tried really hard to help our kids see the world more openly and to realize that not everyone has to agree with them or be just like them. Until parents actively raise their kids to accept others instead of judge others I don't think we as a society are going to change.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:58 AM on May. 26, 2011

• i cant answer this because i dont know. People will act however they want to regardless how it will effect another person. Its not right, u should never judge a book before reading it so why people? this aggravates me as well
    Katie44

Answer by Katie44 at 8:57 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Just did a paper on this week about that. Its just something we are us to doing. We certain people and if they don't meet our standards then we think they are "abnormal". So sad but true, that abnormal person could be the better person than the "normal" person beside you/
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:59 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I think we tend to be brought up to do that. We tell our kids to stay away from that person because he is different from us in some way. In the '50 and '60's it was called prejudice. When it's done at airports, it's called profiling. Cops are trained to stop cars where the driver is driving too fast, too slow, not staying in lane... It's done all the time but not necessarily for a good reason.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:03 AM on May. 26, 2011

• people will ALWAYS have something to say - negative and positive. they want to bring you down with their sadness and loneliness, they can't accept the fact that you're happy and living life and moving forward with plans that you wanted. i got slammed by some family members after i started dating my now-fiancee. we're together 2 1/2 years and have 2 beautiful children together. all because he's 12 years older then me (im 27 he's 39).
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:03 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I try my best not to, judging a book by its cover might make you miss out on meeting an awesome person.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:17 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I can about 99 % of the time accept anyone. I will admit though, I will not accept you as my friend if you are a drug addict ( ie hardcore drugs not pot lol) I have friends from all walks of life. From super rich to very poor. :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:24 AM on May. 26, 2011

• and i meant to add, that you have to live life for YOU. screw what others think and feel, they are not being personally affected by ANYTHING they just want to add their two cents in for the hell of it.
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:07 AM on May. 26, 2011

• That's a good question!  I wish I had a good answer for you:(

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:21 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Good question.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:20 AM on May. 26, 2011