Single Moms

I recently left my husband of 6 years for cheating. How do you cope with being alone all of a sudden. Iget really loney sometimes, and he still beggs me to take him back. Sometimes I consider because I really hate being alone, not just me but the kids not having him around. We have two children, our oldest is devistated that he is gone. Our youngest is only 3 months so he doesnt really know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• This is a hard question to answer. Dont take him back just becuase you are lonely, or just because the children are sad. All that is normal, and it will pass in time. if you are going to stay seperate, allow the children to see him on a regular basis and get your child support. But......relationships are hard work, maybe this is something you guys need to work out. Find something new and exciting to do. Or try to remember why you fell in love in the first place. Maybe this little seperation has made him learn his lesson, but he should never do it again. I hope everything works out for you and your children, I cant imagine what you are going through, but it will get better someday, the universe tends to unfold as it should.
    littleblackrose

Answer by littleblackrose at 7:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Believe it or not the easy part is already done...you left...the hard part will be if you decide to stay and give him another chance. He needs to know under no uncertain terms what this has done to you as his wife and as a woman. Just because your lonely is not a reason to go back to him. Take it from me you can forgive him for what he has done in time but you will never forget what he has done. If you do decide to go back then ask yourself what will go through your mind everytime he is late for something or does not answer his phone or is not where he says he will be. I know how you feel because I was in a marriage for seventeen years where there was cheating and abuse. If you decide not to stay then know that sometimes goodbye is our second chance.
    rook289

Answer by rook289 at 9:26 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was married for nearly 13 yrs and left due to abuse of all sorts. Leaving was definitely the hardest part. There were many lonely nights and nights I nearly caved and went back. Try to surround yourself with activities, friends, make a list of people you can call even if it's 2 am (whether you actually call or not). Five years later I am EXTREMELY happily remarried to the most wonderful man. I know I made the right choice and I don't regret ONE of those lonely moments.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2008