Do you pray?

and if so do you believe in the power of prayer?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:56 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I do pray and I definitely believe in the power of prayer. If it wasn't for the many friends and family who offered prayers for me, I wouldn't be here right now. I suffer from anxiety and depression and a couple of year ago I was near-death, self-inflicted. Two of my closest and dearest friends offered novenas for me, I received rosaries from one of my sons, as well as from friends, another friend crocheted me a prayer shawl which I wore every day. I don't remember the whole year I was so bad, but I know that when I recovered, I felt the need to go back to going to church every week. I have and my husband and I joined a new Catholic Church because ours had closed. I was shocked by the number of people who knew who I was, even the priest and pastor of the parish, because of the novenas and prayers offered in my name.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:06 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes, I completly believe. When my younger daugter was about 4 she had gone with my husband and his best friend to visit some friends. While they were gone I had this overwhelming feeling of needing to pray, I've never felt it so strong before or after this. When they came home my husband told me about how his friend was driving and not watching too well and their truck was almost hit by a semi. He said it was so weird because it was like their truck was just moved over into the right lane and out of harm's way. I have no doubt about the power of prayer. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:22 AM on May. 26, 2011

• No I do not. In fact, I haven't since I was about 5 years old.

I do however, believe in the power of prayer. Or, simply telling someone that they are in your thoughts, or wishing them good luck. The human brain has incredible power, it is up to us to unleash it. We have the power to regenerate wounds, to speed recovery, to fight infection, to successfully put cancer into remission- against all medical diagnoses. I do not believe it is a miracle, not at all. It is simply the result of a person knowing they are loved, supported and their internal reaction to all of that positive energy.
    Prayer holds power for those who believe in it.
    If someone offers a prayer up for me when I am in need, I absolutely appreciate it, not because I believe that there is some big guy in the sky who will answer it, but because I am important enough in their life for them to care- THAT means something.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:19 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I pray daily, and fully believe in the power of prayer!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:07 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I do but not as a ritual or a regularly scheduled event. I pray spontaneously and when the occasion arises. Usually it is "Oh thank you God"...whewww, as relief . ANd as amazement or as appreciation for something good happening.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:10 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes, it's part of my daily life. I do believe in the power of prayer.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:20 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I pray to give thanks. But not they type of prayer that I believe you are thinking about.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• yes i do i pray everyday, and yes i do believe in the power of pray!!
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 9:30 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I believe in the energy we put out into Universe can help give us the energy to get things done or make things happen. I believe prayer is putting that enegy into action.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 10:17 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I firmly believe in the power of prayer/positive energies/what have you.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:24 AM on May. 26, 2011