Best vitamins for a 2 year old??

My daughter is almost 2 and I am currently weaning her completely from breastfeeding. For the last 8 months or so she has breastfed about 4-6 times a day, mostly for sleeping purposes and is now on her 5th day of only nursing 1-2 times and thats in the middle of the night if she wakes up. I dont want her to miss out on the benfits so I want to get her some vitamins in the am. I was going to get the flinstones gummy ones?? Any advice as to what would be best for her?

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I give my kids. (3,3,2) princess and spiderman gummies. They get the vitamins and they love the gummies! A win-win for us!=)
    abootie

Answer by abootie at 1:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• They have these Flintstones vitamins that I give mine. They are called "My fist vitamins" and you don't have to cut them in half or worry about "over dosing" like some of the others that are made for the older 3+ children. She loves them! It's almost like having candy with breakfast.
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 7:31 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i give both my girls (four and two) the flinstone's gummies that u mentioned. my pediatrician recommended them and the girls love them. (i've tried them myself and they are pretty good)the regular flintstone's vitamins afre pretty popular too, the kids are more likely to take the gummies since they think it's a treat.
    MommysTired10

Answer by MommysTired10 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I recommend going to a natural health food store and buying children's vitamins that do NOT have aspartame or chemicals in them. Most commercial children's vitamins, like gummies, etc do not have even natural sugar, but instead have been replaced with chemicals. This is, of course, to encourage children to eat them like candy, and honestly, they have barely any more nutritional value than candy. Find some decent ones not full of gelatin, coverings, casings, chemicals, food colorings, etc. JMO
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 12:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2008