What would you do or say if someone told you?

that you aren't fit to be a parent and that you need your children removed from your home?

just an FYI this isn't pertaining to me myself I have never had anyone say this to me I am just asking a generalized question.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:00 AM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• I actually had a woman say this to my husband. She worked with him and I babysat her child for about 10 hours a day, 5 days a week and charged her only $30 a week. I took care of this little girl like my own, she ate meals and snacks with my kids, I took her to softball practice, etc.  But because I didn't allow her to drink pop late at night or stay up past bedtime (she had a bed made on the couch because her mom didn't get off work until 11 and wouldn't pick her up until after midnight) or be physical (hit, kick, bite) the little girl thought I was mean. We were friends with the mom and it really was sad when she started sending the little girl to stay with her alcoholic grandma who let her run wild.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:12 AM on May. 26, 2011

• SweetPieMama - people do say stuff like that without merit or good reason. I know some who would try to pull that crap on me in a heartbeat why? Only to get back at me bc they dont like me. One person who would is my bio mom yes thats right she would I'm sure of it. I havent spoken with her since I was 16 when I left home bc I was tired of being abused, I wouldnt put it past her to call DHS on me today trying to get my child taken away. There is no reason that my child should be taken away either we provide a loving, clean, educational home for her & there is never any illegal activity around her.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:12 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Why would someone say that??  Either there is a reason they would say that, or they are just full of crap and not worth the hot air they are expelling!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:04 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Someone on here told me this once. My son was a few months old and I was finishing up college. I wrote that I was tired and feeling overwhelmed and some bit*h said I should give my son up for adoption bc I wasn't ready to be a mother and I was being selfish (obviously I was the first mom ever who felt overwhelmed while adjusting to a new baby...).

I know I'm a great mom now and I knew it then (over 3 yeast ago)- despite what this lady thought she knew about me. If someone said that to me now I would probably roll my eyes, tell them to get a clue and walk away. If they were someone I knew I would cut them out of my life.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:06 AM on May. 26, 2011

• well - what are the circumstances as to why people are saying this? drugs? drinking? illegal things?
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:01 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I would tell them they are wrong and mind their own business.
    ncmomma3152

Answer by ncmomma3152 at 9:01 AM on May. 26, 2011

• well, for someone to say that your children should be taken away, is no laughing matter. there's obviously something there for people to be saying that, people just dont go around mentioning that stuff without probable cause
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:04 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Me personally, I would just laugh. No one is perfect, I certainly am not and I'm sure in the next 15 years (my son is 3), I will make plenty of mistakes or wish that I would have handled a situation differently, but regardless of what has or does come towards my family, we love each other greatly and always have one another's best interest in mind. Both myself and my husband work very hard to have a happy home, neither of us do anything illegal and while we have nothing agasint it, neither of us really drink either. So, my response would be to laugh, simply because there is nothing solid that anyone would be able to base that statement on.

If there is something gonig on in sometimes life to warrent someone from the outside to make this type of comment, then I would suggest that individual evaluate the situation and determine if there are important changes that need to be made, to ensure safety for the children involved.
    MommaMarsch

Answer by MommaMarsch at 9:05 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It would totally depend on what they were basing that assumption on. If it were true, I would change things. If it were not true, I would tell them to mind their own biz! I tend to believe though, that where there is smoke, there is fire, so I would look for that reason before blowing it off.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:06 AM on May. 26, 2011

• If someone said that me I'd tell them to put it where the sun dont shine & walk away honestly. Someone who thinks that of me dosent need to be in my life. I know I am doing all the right things by my daughter, I know I am a great parent despite my flaws here & there (we all have them & we cant be perfect) & I know my child wont ever get taken away from me bc I provide a wounderful home for her. I wouldnt allow anyone to be around me if that is what they thought & I dont allow people around me who would try to pull that crap & yes I know some & no they have no contact.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:06 AM on May. 26, 2011