Double jogging stroller or something else?

I have been looking for a jogging stroller to use this summer with my almost 2 yr old but just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant! So when this baby's born my youngest will be 2 1/2. I'm wondering if I should just get a double jogging stroller now? If I do I would use it for shopping also. Is it easy to use a double gogging stroller in stores? Do they fit through doors easily? What would you recommend? Thanks :)

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 9:05 AM on May. 26, 2011 in General Parenting

• Well I have a single jogging stroller, and can't use it to shop, it is cumbersome to put in and out of the car, and nowhere to put packages and such, I think you should start looking for double regular strollers, and go ahead and get a single jogging one, then perhaps you could buy a double one next year. Congrats!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:10 AM on May. 26, 2011

• congrats on the 2nd pregnancy! i have a side by side for my two little ones, its heavy to move around let alone to try shopping in stores. if i have to walk down an aisle with that, everyone would need to move outta the way lol
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 9:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I say go for it- a good jogger, like the Bob Revolution or Phil and Ted's, can make all the difference, and you are better off spending the money only once!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:18 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Thanks! This is my 3rd pregnancy :) my oldest is 5. I guess I should expand more. The reason I want to get a jogging stroller is because we are moving to a new house and there is a few parks in walking distance so we will be walking every day! I don't want to buy something this year and next :( but I think my son who would be 2 3/4 when spring comes would be too young to ride bike or walk. I was also curious how well they work for shopping since I always see them now days! Lol ps I'm looking for one that has a swivel wheel where the wheel is underneath the foot part so it wouldn't be so big.
    mommyofone15

Comment by mommyofone15 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I have a double jogging stroller side by side and then I have a babytrend double sit n stand (front and back). The Babytrend I take places in my car, the jogging stroller is too cumbersome to put in and out of my car. It's also to maneuver through the aisles of stores. I also like that when my 2 yo gets a little bigger I can pop off the back seat and turn it into a regular sit n stand. It works well for walking to the park also (it's 2 miles) but a friend gave us the jogging stroller so I use it. If I had to choose one, I would definitely choose the babytrend.

Answer by missanc at 1:02 PM on May. 26, 2011