Anyone else?

does anyone else feel like the thier 3yr is just too big for the britches? like just does and says things you wouldnt excpect for thier age group? like just knowing how to operate a dvd player,or knowin the xbox has voice command? i know alot of it is them watching us and learning from us just some days its like wow..any one else feel like this some times?

rachel216

Asked by rachel216 at 9:13 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 2 yr old can activate the voice command on the xbox lol. He's been able to do a lot of things that people don't expect. He mastered opening cans by a lever system. No one taught him or showed him...he used silverware to pop the can tabs open enough for it to come out for him to drink. We got a fridge lock and unlike my first that would rip the lock off, he would quietly open it take the can out and lock it back up so we wouldn't notice. Kids do have their moments. My oldest when she was younger would make profound remarks that would really make a person think. My 2nd was quiet and watching the whole time and when it was her time to shine...no one expected such a quiet child to belt out a loud song. My 3rd...he'll be 5 early next month. He acts big, but once those tears start pouring...I'm still glad he's one of my babies.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 9:47 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes! My daughter is always doing things that make me double take! Shes so friggin' smart & on top of that she remembers things like her father hears it once maybe twice & thats it has it down! So she is constantly picking up things that I didnt even teach her & I'm a full SAHM! She speaks in other languages & no not just spanish from Dora but french, german, etc & she knows which languages they are! Sometimes I have to ask her if she is speaking english or another language to me bc I dont understand what she is saying! I am going to have a hard time keeping up with her, I already do!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:17 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It's not a new thing. I remember babysitting for my neighbor's newly turned 4yo after I graduated high school (so mid-90s) and he knew how to work the VCR and Nintendo and hook it all up (like plug it into the TV and everything).
    Kids are a lot smarter than most people give them credit for.
    My youngest dd, though, always amazed me at what she could do at an early stage and none of it had to do with electronics. She could draw people and color in the lines at 2 1/2 which shocked me. She figured out buttons at 3 1/2, could put on her tights/socks and shoes at 3 (started putting her own shoes on at 1). She's 5 now and just amazes me every day. She's making herself a taco right now.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:07 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes it is amazing what kids can do! My 3 1/2 year old daughter never stops amazing me. She has a great vocabulary and she has loved electronics since she was born lol. She could put in the security code for my husband's Iphone when she was two, not to mention download her own games onto it.... yes we had extensive cell phone bills lol
    cheyegirl82

Answer by cheyegirl82 at 2:36 PM on May. 26, 2011

• my ds is almost 3.5, to me he has an amazing vocabulary...at about 2ish, he could say "amazing" and knew what it ment, his new big words are "delishes" and "discusting". He's got no problem with telling people what he thinks of whatever is going on and knows at least 8 different car brands and can read/recoinze the names and geico lol he does something that amazes me and dh everyday.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:06 PM on May. 26, 2011

• remember its the technical age. my grandson is 4 and can work his moms phone,the dvd player and the tv. kids are really smart at this age.
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 5:19 PM on May. 27, 2011