Broken nose?

DF and I were having a tickle war with our 20 month old DD tuesday, she had her feet laying on my chest, raised one up and the heel landed pretty hard on my nose. I felt a little crack, got an instant migrane and have had pain ever since. There is some swelling, still. Everyone who knows me notices the swelling but i'm not sure if you'd notice not knowing what I look like. I usually have an indent and line above the tip of my nose, it's swollen over so that indent and line are not there. Where it was hit is red but I don't know if i'll notice any bruising until the red is gone and I have freckles so it's hard to tell. I have gotten about 6 hours of sleep the past 2 days because it hurts. If I make facial expressions it hurts, touch it and it hurts. It's like a crushed feeling from my nose to around my nose and I still have a headache! Should I get it checked out? Could it be broken with no deformity or bleeding?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Health

• My son has fractured my nose 2 times by hitting me in the face with his head! So your nose might just be fractured but you should go to the ER. All they did for me was to prescribe an antibiotic because I guess when your nose is fractured you have a better chance of getting an infection. But you could have broken it too. You should have it checked out just to be safe! BTW, sorry this happened to you, I know how painful it is!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:41 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I would go and get it checked! I broke my nose, and both my eyes turned black underneath, but you should go and see!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:46 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I had an orbital break last year and had it repaired in Dec. of last year. I still have a red line where my nose waas broken, and the swelling won't go down until 12 - 18 months after the surgery.
    I had fallen into the sliding glass door being trip over my dog. My nose broke the sliding door handle.
    But I had to have it fixed do to small bones or fragments possibly going into my left eye.
    I'd go get it looked at.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 10:16 AM on May. 26, 2011

• SeasideNative- Thats horrible! Sounds incredibly painful!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 8:45 AM on May. 27, 2011