Generals Chicken

I am wanting to make Generals Chicken, assorted fried rice, egg drop soup and egg rolls for dinner but don't recipes for any of them--don't want to pay the price for take-out either can't afford it.

Does anyone have recipes for any of these that you wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:46 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Ingredients:
    1lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1” chunks)
    5 dried red chili peppers
    3 green onions (sliced)
    3 eggs (beaten)
    ½ cup cornstarch
    oil (for frying)
    Sauce-
    1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 tablespoons rice wine
    3 tablespoons sugar
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:02 AM on May. 26, 2011

• It may be that you aren't looking specifically enough. Look up General Tao chicken or General Tsao's chicken recipes. I plugged that into my search engine and a lot popped up so you can choose. :)
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 9:47 AM on May. 26, 2011

• try Foodnetwork.com they will probably have a recipie
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 9:52 AM on May. 26, 2011

• eatingStep 1: In a large mixing bowl combine cornstarch and beaten eggs. Mix well to create a batter. Add chicken bits and coat thoroughly. Step 2: To make the sauce- in a small bowl combine rice vinegar, rice wine, soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch. Mix well and set aside. Step 3: Heat deep fryer or wok to 375 degrees and deep fried chicken bits in batches. Drain on paper towels. Step 4: Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil to your wok. Add dried chili peppers to your wok and stir fry for 30 seconds. Add chicken bits to the wok and stir fry for a couple minutes. Step 5: Add sauce mixture to the wok and cook stirring until the sauce becomes thickened and bubbly. Garnish with green onions and serve. (Makes about 2 servings)

buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 10:04 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I was just saying that I myself don't have any haven't done a search yet was asking if anyone had a recipe they wouldn't mind sharing
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on May. 26, 2011

• thank you buttonlts
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:05 AM on May. 26, 2011

• you can buy eggroll wrappers in the produce section of the grocery store. I also buy a bag of cloe slaw to make prep easier, but otherwise shred cabbage and carrots, sautee in big pan with olive oil, add onion if you like and other veggies (good place for leftovers). If you want to add meat, add but make sure it is cooked already and cut small. Add soy sauce and cook down till the cabbage is done. Set aside to cool, very important because if you try to roll them hot the wrappers will melt. When it has cooled, roll wrappers according to package direction, the fry. I also use the wrappers with mashed potatoes, fake chicken and corn, my kids LOVE that!!
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 10:05 AM on May. 26, 2011

• how was your dinner?
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 9:13 AM on May. 27, 2011