Have you ever heard of

MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM WARTS? My son has had them for a while now. we went to the drs and they said there is nothing to do except wait for them to go away. I noticed today on my sons chest he is getting some, they have always been on his back. Just wondering if anyone has ever had these and how they treated them.
I did some research on them and I believe he contracted them by swimming in a community pool.

Leelee1008

Asked by Leelee1008 at 9:53 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Never heard of it, but just looked it up and it may be what my dd has. She has a couple on her arm and leg. I know she said someone else at school had some too. I am glad to know now what it may be.
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:20 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I took my son to see the dr we didnt see his but she confirmed it was them. good thing is they are not life threatening and its always good to know what it is so you know how to handle it.
    Leelee1008

Comment by Leelee1008 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on May. 26, 2011

• never heard of it had to look it up too lol
    but read this:In a small randomized controlled trial twice daily application of 10% benzoyl peroxide cream for 4 weeks was found to be more effective than tretinoin 0.05% cream; after 6 weeks 92% of the benzoyl peroxide group were lesion-free...

so I would apply to to a bandage twice daily and apply the bandage over the MOLLUSCUM CONTAGIOSUM (this way you are "treating it" and are also covering it to prevent spreading it to other areas of the body or to others sinces it's spread from skin to skin contact.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I read that with a normal immune system they will go away on their own in 6-12 months. Good luck!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:47 AM on May. 26, 2011

• but yeah I read they do go away on their own, and that cutting into the area or scratching it can lead to spreading so that's why it's typically not treated that way like a wart would be (it's actually not considered a wart, because warts are caused by the HPV virus, and this is it's own virus.. (there are 4 types).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:49 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Thanks for all the info.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:28 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Wow, never heard of them!
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 1:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• No I have never heard of them - good luck!
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 1:59 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Never heard of them either, good luck.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 2:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Never heard of them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:08 PM on May. 26, 2011