You know that extreme soreness from starting a new exercise program? yeah help, any tips, its killing me.

i am so annoyed with my thighs and my jeans seem to be getting tighter, uggh! anyways 2 days ago i got up did a whole bunch of squats and lunges. yea stupid, i've been extremely sore and need to know what helps soreness. i'm preactically dragging myself around the house,

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 9:54 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• you need to stretch, I know it hurts, but the best way to get rid of the soreness is to move...sitting still or laying around will only make it worse
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 9:57 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Stretch and keep doing it. You're sore because your muscles haven't been worked out in a while, but if you keep doing what you're doing eventually it won't be sor anymore. Also take a warm bath to try to relax your muscles.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:02 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Stretch and don't stop. Each time you take a break from exercising you muscles will tighten back up. Get yourself on a routine and stick to it. Also include variation. Swim, run, walk, zumba, and whatever else. Take a warm bath with Epsom salt in the evening to relax yourself.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 10:03 AM on May. 26, 2011

• well, from personal experience, when you exercise legs hardcore like that, they are going to swell for 1-2 days after - it's just natural. but keep up with the routine!! do it once a week, on top of doing other body parts. you'll see within a few weeks you'll stop swelling and start to lose the weight! use glucosamine for muscle soreness
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 10:03 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Make sure and stretch and taking a bath in epsom salt will help with the soreness.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:05 AM on May. 26, 2011

• streches and a nice soak in the tub with some salts
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:19 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I would walk before and afterwards even if its just around the block.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:45 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Be sure you're stretching right after. Ibuprofen or Alieve to help with the muscle swelling and honestly, as much as it hurts try going for a walk. Moving will help keep the muscles from locking up and help ease the pain. I'm always amazed that when I'm sore from a workout. going for a run at least helps ease the pain temporarily.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 12:33 PM on May. 26, 2011

• drink lots of water, take an ibuprofen, try to vary your exercises everyday so that you have recovery time (do upper body one day and lower body the next).
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 1:57 PM on May. 26, 2011