So a few days ago...

I posted about how I kept getting restricted phone calls (10-15 per day) and how I had finally had enough, and answered, only to get cussed at by some confused girl who thought I had been talking to her boyfriend. I told her to get back on her meds, and hung up. Then, because I had a feeling she would call back, I changed my voicemail greeting to say "Hey, this is (me) leave a message and I'll call you back....unless you're the psycho who's been tearing up my phone, accusing me of talking to her boyfriend. YOU can quit calling."

Anyway, at 6 am, she called back. I let it go to voicemail, and apparently she didn't like my greeting. It went a little something like this: "F*** you, you GD b****. You'd better change your number, cause I'll call you all the time, just for the f***in' fun of, you stupid b****." (Stars for all the people who get their panties in a bunch) WOW. So, my question is - do I change my greeting again? What should it say? Do I answer next time she calls? What would YOU do?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 10:24 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• i'd answer and try to talk to her and if that dosen't work, have your phone company block her #
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:25 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Does your phone offer caller id and call blocking? If so I would take down her number and tell her "I have your number, and I saved your phone messages. IF you call me again I will turn you over to the cops!" She is harassing you and doing it on purpose. If that does not stop her then I would call the cops on her and then block her number so if she calls the call won't go thru.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:27 AM on May. 26, 2011

• WOW talk about crazy ppl! If I was you and able to, contact the phone company to see about getting her number blocked. If they block her number she can't call. Although she could use a different number but if she does that's considered harrassing and would need to be reported to the proper authorities, usually starting qith the phone company. Good luck!!!!!
    llavargna29

Answer by llavargna29 at 10:28 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Well, I'm married to a cop, so I was thinking I'll let her call again - tell her that, let her know that I won't put up with it for long, and then leave the ball in her court.
    DusterMommy

Comment by DusterMommy (original poster) at 10:28 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Tell her your husband is a cop and you are going to turn her in for harassment . Maybe that will scare her. If she keeps calling just block her ass..
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I'd tell her about your cop husband, and remind her that harassment is illegal, and that she might want to get another boyfriend if he is running around on her, but that you can certainly understand why he would. I would record if possible her call and then block her number. Good Luck to you..Let us know how it turns out.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:09 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I'd answer it and inform her that her number isn't as restricted as she thinks & that she can be arrested for telephone harrassment. ok, so that probably won't work with someone that's already crazy.
    Sign up for Youmail (youmail.com) and give her a creative personal greeting!
    shareleann

Answer by shareleann at 3:43 AM on May. 28, 2011

• Block her and get on with your life!! People are crazy! Imagine if you WERE guilty! Yikes!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 7:04 PM on May. 29, 2011