Summer school @ home

Good morning ladies! I would like to plan some study time in to our daily routine for the summer. I would love any thoughts you may have as to what we should be doing. Like review from this year, go ahead to the next grade or both. Also if anyone can share some good websites for work sheets and such. As well as workbooks that are good. My DD's are 8 and 10. Going in to 2nd and 5th grades. I also have a little guy who will be going to preschool in the fall.
TIA,

Ivy

mom23ks

Asked by mom23ks at 10:25 AM on May. 26, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Should review what they've learned already. Maybe three times a week for an hour. You can pick up materials from Wal-Mart, Target, Office Max etc. There are so many things, and placees you can choose.

Simple solutions has books for summer if you want to check it out. http://www.simplesolutions.org/ You can also google to see more of what is out there.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:38 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I pick up workbooks for the grade they are going into. I also will write out math problems for them too if they want( they ask for math work lol) I have them do a couple pages a few times a week. I also have dd write in a journal, so that helps with printing and spelling.
    For your little one, Starfall is good for online learning, phonics and reading games. You can also get packs of sight words and matching game type things at your local office supply, or teachers supply store.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 12:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• edhelper.com
    lynnem1211

Answer by lynnem1211 at 2:12 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Bump
    mom23ks

Comment by mom23ks (original poster) at 4:53 PM on May. 26, 2011

• not sure so here is a bump :)
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 12:32 AM on Jun. 6, 2011

• Bump
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:58 AM on Jun. 10, 2011

• This is a good idea!
    JHanc968

Answer by JHanc968 at 2:02 PM on Jun. 24, 2011