Is ten pounds a good amount of weight to gain for 16 weeks pregnant or too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hmm im not 100% sure it sounds good to me.. im 12 weeks n ive gained 2lbs the dr. said i am unerweight for were im at.. :(
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:39 AM on May. 26, 2011

• What does your OB say? Without knowing your anything else about your health, I couldn't give you a real answer.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:39 AM on May. 26, 2011

• i dont have an ob i have a homebirth midwife. she doesnt seem to care either way i was 100 pounds when i started now 110.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:40 AM on May. 26, 2011

• if she doesnt seem tro care then its probably Perfect :D
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 10:41 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I would say it is okay, but you might want to be a little careful so that you so not gain too much weight. If you go to babycenter.com they have a nutrition guide for pregnant women. With my first baby I gained 40 pounds. The only bad thing about that was that I had to lose all of that afterwards... That's not a lot of fun.
    gibsongirl017

Answer by gibsongirl017 at 10:47 AM on May. 26, 2011

• with you being so small to start with it is probably ok. I am plus size and am 13 weeks and lost 5 lbs. My Ob does not want me to gain more than 15lbs. for your weight category over 25 is normal. as long as you are eating healthy I would not worry about it. You have to remember that you are gaining weight in blood and water no matter what you put in your body.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 10:56 AM on May. 26, 2011

• They try to tell you to only gain around 30 lbs with the whole pregnancy.

I gained 80 and my mother gained 100 with each of us 5 kids and we both lost it after the baby came.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:03 AM on May. 26, 2011

• thats another thing, i eat mostly organic no sodas etc. so what is all this weight exactly?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:52 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I started out my pregnancies at around 100 lbs. With DD, I was around 125 when I delivered. With my twins, I was around 132. I know that during the last trimester, they want you gaining a pound a week and have a total weight gain of 25 - 35 pounds. Gaining 10 pounds at 16 weeks puts you on track (or maybe a little ahead) of doing this.

This is a question better asked of the person providing the medical care for this pregnancy.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 12:34 PM on May. 29, 2011