Am i overeacting?

my husband of 5 years was taking a shower and his cellphone got a text soo i read it .. and it said "ok" .. from a number i didnt know ..he said he wasnt going to school today to his "teacher". soo i looked more into it and read his messages .. and then he was asking people if they can get him "LSD" ? and i asked him about it and he said i was getting some for my trip .. cuz hes going to go hiking with his friends ... in a different state ... and i kept asking him questions about and he kept being very mean and defensive and telling me i shouldnt be in messages .. and blah blah .. telling me im dumb and telling me to shut up and all kinds of mean things ...after all the BAD things that happened in our relationship and i mean bad ..i just cant stand it .. and watching other couples being soo happy and understanding ... and having more babies ... while im sitting here watching my relationship go down the drain ... im an idiot for staying with him i know ..but i need a place to live .. and im still in love with the a**hole... im stupid i wish i had the courage to move on and get my ged and get a job and stop dragging on the way i do.. and theres no way any other man would want me with a child and me having herpes from my husband cheating ... im doomed to stay with him.. im stuck ... am i being whiny ? idk i feel like i diserve better? idk if this is a question but i need to vent .. idk what to do and im stuck ... i have a 18 month old son and i want whats best for him .. i wish i wouldnt of married a druggy,immature,dis honest, mean,rude man...after he got out of the army this is what i have .... instead i wish i would of married and man that wants to work hard and come home to his family every night and be happy and didnt do drugs , not to mention want more kids .. im hopeless .. i could just cry watching my and sons future going down the drain ... any advise?

Luckyme3487

Asked by Luckyme3487 at 10:43 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Relationships

• Listen to me... the only mistakes we make in life are the ones we do not learn from. You are not stupid! You are a free thinking person. You can put two thoughts together and complete a sentence. Stop telling yourself all the thing you are not and start telling yourself all the thing you are.

You are a strong woman with a beautiful son. Your journey is tough but it is your journey. Keep moving forward for yourself and for that little boy. One step, one day. Get off this site and do a search for places in your area that you can go to get the help you need to start over!
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 11:04 AM on May. 26, 2011

• get strong and get out
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 10:45 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Get out and I say that with kindness. You will never have or reach any of your dreams or goals if you stay with him. You will be in that cycle for the rest of your life and those cycles almost always get worse. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:47 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I was a teen mom, illegally homeschooled (so I couldn't graduate- legally, I have no education), living on my own with my child at 17, met my now ex husband... an abusive, alcoholic, drug addict, career criminal- none of which I knew until it was too late. I lived in misery and fear for years. I barely made it out alive. But I'm here now, because I left.
    I left with nothing but myself, some clothes and 2 of my 3 children (he abducted our eldest son).

My SO and I have been living happily together for 2 years now, despite it all. WITH my children, and they love each other.
    Any man who would turn away from you because you are a mother is not worth the time of day.

As for the herpes, 75% of the american population has it. It's a simple fact of the dating pool and why practicing safe sex and being tested regularly is an absolute necessity. You won't be shunned because of it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:55 AM on May. 26, 2011

• There is NO reason why he should be looking for LSD, a trip is stupid excuse. If he won't clean himself up, don't let him drag you down. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:46 AM on May. 26, 2011

• You need to get out of that situation its not health for you or your son. And there is someone out there that will treat you right you just have to give him time to find you.
    Vivian0331

Answer by Vivian0331 at 10:49 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Time to move on and when you get tired of being tired and love is not enough you will leave and you will reach your goals.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2011

• You deserve better, and your son deserves better. I think you just need to make up your mind that you are getting out and start taking steps to do that. It won't happen overnight, but just knowing you are working toward it might be a light at the end of the tunnel and kind of liberating. If you don't start planning on getting out now, you are going to be in no better shape in another give years. He won't change, you will be miserable, and your son will be learning how to be a man from what he sees everyday. Just because you married him and had a baby with him doens't mean you have to punish yourself for the rest of your life by staying with him. Your post is well put together and makes sense so I don't believe you are stupid, you just need to get out there and locate some resources to get your life back on track. Don't let this man take your confidence in yourself- we are women and can do whatever we put our minds to. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• but how i dont have anything?? i dont have a education.. and im stupid on top of that ! and i have nothing nd no money
    Luckyme3487

Comment by Luckyme3487 (original poster) at 10:48 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Maybe you should try a woman's shelter? A church? Good luck mama.............and GET OUT of there, if you think you don't have the strength to do so..............think of your child.......
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:50 AM on May. 26, 2011