So has the justice system ever found those who WERE guilty of a crime that people like OJ Simpson were accused for?

I mean if they proved him to be innocent than why aren't they looking for the person who actually did it? I mean I know OJ did it, but if the court system has proven that he didn't do it than why aren' they looking for the person that did? (BTW I still don't know how they proved that he didn't do it when him running away is a sure sign of a guilty criminal.)

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 11:18 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• He did it and thanks to double jeopardy he will never get tried again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:21 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I used to ask that too, but it's b/c law enforcement knows he really did do it, so there's no use in wasting time and money investigating a dead end
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:23 AM on May. 26, 2011

• So they just allow him to go free without ever paying the price. It must be nice to be rich and able to buy your way out of a life sentence in prison.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 11:25 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Just because OJ got off does not mean that he was innocent. Everyone but the jury knew he was guilt and because of double jeapordy, there's no reason to look for who is really guilty, since he can't be tried again.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:25 AM on May. 26, 2011

• yep, I agree imogine. The courts didn't actually prove he didn't do it, they didn't provide enough evidence to prove that he DID do it, there's a difference :) There was some evidence, but not enough. And the whole "if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit" was B.S. but the jury bought it.

yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:28 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Maybe they are, who knows. It might just be a cold case sitting in some file drawer. There are many of them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:34 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Because HE did it! He admitted to it when he wrote that book a few years back. There is no way I'll ever believe he isn't guilty.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 11:36 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Remember the movie Chicago? THat movie was about how people get away with murder. You pay big bucks for lawyer that's willing and able to confuse everyone.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 11:39 AM on May. 26, 2011

• yep, I agree imogine. The courts didn't actually prove he didn't do it, they didn't provide enough evidence to prove that he DID do it, there's a difference :) There was some evidence, but not enoug

They had enough evidence to convict him ten times over. The prosecution was so pathetic he could have said, YES I did it and still gotten off.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:47 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Why try to pin it on someone that is innocent. The police know they got their man.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:04 PM on May. 26, 2011