Anyone mount a flat screen TV in an old-style entertainment unit?

We're ready to replace our old TV with a flat screen. With 6-year-old twin boys, I want it bolted to the wall and not sitting on a stand. We have a big - 8 foot wide - entertainment unit designedto hold a deep TV that I'd rather not replace.  I'm not sure if the TV will look right if it's set back toward the wall plus the shelves will block being able to see the TV from much of an angle - like if someone were sitting on my love seat.

Do they make a mount that would let the TV be attached to the wall yet extended toward the front of the unit?  Has anyone done this or seen it done?

JSD24

Asked by JSD24 at 11:35 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Entertainment

• I have seen mounts for flat screens that pull out (forward) and curve to the left or the right, but I don't know how far in any direction. Maybe check out the Best Buy website since specifications are usually listed for each product.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:18 PM on May. 26, 2011