Do you think i am freaking out over nothing?

I found out on 5/20 at 4:30pm that i was pregnant called that day and made a appt with my doctor for Monday the 5/23. On Saturday morning i took the other test with my first morning urine and it was bright positive also:) I have had 2 miscarrages in the past. I went to the bathroom last night and peed and when i went to wipe i noticed there was a VERY VERY faint tint of pink on the paper. SO i have not had any pink/blood/discharge since or anything in that nature i am having period like cramping on and off. My levels as of Monday blood work was 1,401 and i went in this morning for more blood work so i hope my levels have doubled:) You can call me crazy but i went to the local dollar tree on the way home today and got a $1.00 pregnancy test and BAM instantly bright positive:) Does it sound like everything might be ok? My levels were at 1,401 on 5/23 and as of 5/26 they are now 2,966 sound good? Doc is saying I am around 3-4 weeks sound right?

AutiesMom2005

Asked by AutiesMom2005 at 11:39 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would think its a normal reaction with normal fears after having experienced previous miscarriages. I say..if it helps you to feel a litte better to retake the tests from time to time to reassure yourself,thats okay.
    Also, I had little spottings at the beginnings of my pregnancies too.My 2nd, I spotted throughout..it was scary, but in the end, everything was ok. COngratualtions and Good Luck..my best wishes to you, mama
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:50 AM on May. 26, 2011

• The period like cramping is perfectly normal in the beginning of pregnancy. That's what it feels like. Like you are about to get your period any second and it's going to be extremely heavy. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:54 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Yeah the cramping is what kept me from taking a test for a while because I was expecting my period but well it didn't come and I almost passed out so I decided it was time to test. If you are still in the first month the spotting you had could have just been implantation bleeding. I think you are doing fine and agree that if you feel the need to test when ever then do it. Nothing wrong with trying to keep yourself from freaking out. Congratulations and I hope things go well for you.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• hold on I am backwards lol. It couldn't be implantation since you already got a positive. I may be wrong though. But you are not having heavy bleeding so I still say you are fine. If you had sex anytime recently before the spotting your cervix could have just got irritated and that does happen.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• When I had my miscarriage this last time, I had light pink the day before heavy bleeding started. I'd say your fine. And if you numbers are doubling your fine :) Good luck mama
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 4:55 PM on May. 26, 2011