Will medicare sink GOP in 2012?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-05-25/medicare-could-cost-the-gop-in-2012-election?cid=bsa:relatedstories2:0

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If it does then the country as we know it is doomed. Someone has to be willing to make the tough choices. It makes me proud to see conservatives willing to do what needs to be done. Too bad the Dems don't care...this was a fantastic country.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:01 PM on May. 26, 2011

• No, wishful thinking on the dems and the media.

Ryans plan did not affect anybody over 55.

Obama had already stolon 858 billion out of medicare to cover Obama-care to try to make it look like it would not cost anything.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 3:32 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Nope. This has always been the dems leverage. Scare the people to that the repubs will take away Medicare. Paul Ryan's plan actually INCREASED Medicare spending over the next 10 years and stabilized the trust fund. How is that putting Medicare in jeopardy? I guess it is because the dems say it does.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:55 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Too bad it is NOT the 'oldsters' who are impacted by the current GOP medicare proposal... Yet, in the game of politics~ 'some' have manipulated the facts.....

I really don't care if it sinks the GOP... The Fact is Medicare is in SERIOUS disarray. This is a discussion that needs to occur on BOTH sides....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:51 AM on May. 26, 2011

• I am sure the Dems will spin it in a way that is to their advantage. People don't do their own research my grandmother was furious until she actually read the facts of the plan. Then she was angry with the misinformation going around about it. She said so many of her elderly friends believe anything they see on the mainstream news and don't question it or do the research. Something has to be done we have planned our retirement knowing social security and medicare will not be around for us. Anyone under 55 should have alternative plans those who don't will be screwed.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 12:04 PM on May. 26, 2011

• LOL Not hardly
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:48 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think Medicare will sink our economy.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:45 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Someone will plug the holes in the boat ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:42 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Yes, i see a big turn in the majority party in 2012.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 5:17 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I think the threat of Obamacare will sink us first...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:25 PM on May. 26, 2011