What kind of BC do you have your DD on?

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on May. 26, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• nothing yet.. hopeully not for awhile either.. lol.. good luck...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 11:46 AM on May. 26, 2011

• Well if it is for acne then Ortho-Tricyclin is good (worked for me as a teen anyway! lol)
    If it is for sexual reasons then I wouldnt buy it for my teen. I have a relative who has her 13 year old on birth control. If you are monitering thier activity with thier boyfriend properly then they shouldnt need it! They are still really young for that and should be watched more closely if you think they are going to sneak off and have sex.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I know some people will oppose to me saying that but my mom put me on birth control when I was 13 and I felt like I could have sex just because I was on it. I also felt like she expected me to. Most of my friends at the time felt the same way about it.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 12:39 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I don't have a daughter, but if I did, it would depend on what the dcotor recommended. An IUD could be good because she doesn't have to worry about taking a pill and it has very few hormones.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 1:14 PM on May. 26, 2011

• None! She's not sexual active and putting a teenaged girl on hormone pills (BC) is NOT a good idea.

IUD - not recommended in a non-sexually active girl. And BC and IUDs don't protect against STDs. Teach your girls about CONDOMS and how to PROPERLY USE THEM. Yes, go purchase a couple and a cucumber and TEACH HER HOW TO ROLL ONE ON!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:25 PM on May. 26, 2011

• twinsplus2more: condoms BREAK!!!!!! Condoms LEAK!!!!!!

OP: I have a boy but if I had a girl I would put her on BC pills or the shot. I would want her a protected as possible. Putting a girl on birth control doesn't mean she will have sex, but if she does atleast she is more pregnant than the boy using a condom.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:38 PM on May. 26, 2011

• I will not put her on BC when she is a teen.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:34 PM on May. 26, 2011

• if your going to teach them to put on a condom, dont use a cucumber. I dont know the variety you have were you are, but the cucumbers in my area are gianormous. Try a banana.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is only four so I don't have to worry about it for awhile.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 9:07 PM on May. 26, 2011

• Though my daughter is only four now, she will go on birth control (probably Desogen or something similar) to help her regulate her period.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:40 AM on May. 27, 2011